Important Information About Home Inspections


Home inspections are an integral part of any real estate transaction. Here’s my advice for how to handle them as a buyer or seller in today’s market.

Today I’m here to take a deep dive into home inspections. I’ll answer questions regarding what they are, how they work, and why they’re important.

With today’s housing contracts, prospective homebuyers usually have 10 business days to complete any inspections on a home they’re interested in buying. During that period, they can ask the seller for repairs, or walk away from the contract with their earnest money intact.

Here’s an outline of the discussion, with timestamps so that you can skip ahead to the section(s) that interest you the most:

1:15- My suggestion for home sellers on dealing with repair requests

1:50- My suggestion for buyers in the same situation

2:35- A noticeable trend in home inspections that you should be aware of

3:25- The dangers of working with an unlicensed home inspector and how to spot them

8:06- Wrapping things up

If you have any questions or need help with the process of buying or selling your next home, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.